It’s easy to meditate.
What’s hard is overcoming the skepticism and complacency that cause us not to. How many times have you thought, “I should learn how to meditate.” but then you don’t? Or you know how but don’t consistently practice? Or you have a meditation practice but it’s grown flat and uninspiring?
My name is Marina Spence**. I’m the founder of The Pink Edge and author of Make Every Day a Friday: The Joy of Connecting Who You Are with What You Do. One of the “inner keys” of the book — the foundation really — is an easy form of meditation called tuning in. It comes from almost 20 years experience teaching meditation to beginners and to those who want to revitalize their practice.
We live in wild and unpredictable times. But we have the opportunity to bring balance into a topsy-turvy world, starting with our own lives. Meditation is a time-honored method of self-discovery and scientifically proven way to reduce stress. And it’s fun!
Please join me January 5, 12, and 19 in a three-week meditation tele-seminar that is also a benefit for Women for Women International, the non-profit organization that assists women victims of war and violence around the world. What could be better — increasing your calm and equanimity at the same time improving the life of a mother, daughter, sister?
Meditation, the way I teach it, is:
…yet the effects can be profound.
Inner silence is an effective way to discover our own truth.
Throughout each 1-hour interactive class, you’ll have exercises AND meditation practices using a variety of techniques.
The tele-seminar will cover:
Session #1— What Is Meditation And Why Do It?
- Have I meditated already and just don’t know it?
- Why is meditation effective?
- Technique #1
- What can I expect from meditating?
- What gets in my way from trying to meditate?
- Technique #2
- What challenges might come up when I start meditating?
- Technique #3
Session #2—How Do I Begin a Meditation Practice?
- Review of the 3 techniques
- How long should I meditate?
- When should I meditate?
- What if I miss a day, a week, or a month?
- Technique #4
- How do I know if I’m doing it right?
- What do I do if I just can’t sit still?
- Technique #5
Session #3—How Do I Sustain a Meditation Practice?
- Review of the 5 techniques
- What challenges are coming up as I’m meditating?
- Why am I thinking so much?
- Technique #6
- How can I gauge if meditation is working for me?
- Technique #7
- Marina’s top 5 suggestions for maintaining a meditation practice.
In addition to the classes, I am available by email for any questions you might have.
What could be a better way to begin 2010? You can:
- Reduce stress
- Increase self-awareness
- Experience peace, happiness, joy & bliss
…and support a woman in need!
All for only $27 (less than the cost of 3 movies!) And, if you can’t make the call, there will be a playback numbering for later listening.
Dates, Time and Call-in Number
The tele-seminar will be the first 3 Tuesdays in January:
- Tuesday, January 5
- Tuesday, January 12
- Tuesday, January 19
At 6 p.m. PST, 7 p.m. MST, 8 p.m.CST and 9 p.m. EST.
- If you can’t make the call, there will be a playback number.
- You’ll receive the call-in number when you sign up and be reminded of it several times before the call. You’ll pay any long distance charges.
- The reminder emails will come from “The Pink Edge.” Please let us into your inbox. Thanks!