Well, what was once a few trucks with crazy long lines popping up here and there has now become a nationwide phenomenon. With major metropolitan cities everywhere joining in the mobile food movement, the varieties have become as unique as the cities they are found in. And with variety, comes options for special diet diners.
So with no further a due, here is The Healthy Voyager’s Round Up of food trucks all across America that feed the hungry, veggie and health conscious masses!
Los Angeles ( and surrounding areas)
- The Kogi Truck – The truck that started it all has a number of great vegggie korean bbq options
- Sea Birds – 100% vegan and organic all the time
- FrankenStand – 100% vegan hot dogs in a horror themed cart
- Dosa Truck – Lots of vegan Indian food options
- The Nacho Truck – Great Mexican vegan options
- Organic Oasis – Eco and organic truck with a ton of raw vegan options
- Sweet E’s Bake Shop – Dessert truck with lots of vegan options and some gluten free
- The Green Truck – Eco friendly truck with all natural options and tons of veggie goodies
- Mandoline Grill – Vietnamese food with great vegan options
- Smokin’ Willie’s – BBQ with vegan options
- Frysmith – French Fry truck with vegan options
San Francisco, CA
- Homegrown Smoker – Vegan BBQ and Comfort Food
- Unicart – Vegan mythical beast food
- D.C. Vegetarian – Veggie truck with lots of vegan options
- Native Bowl – Vegan bowls
- Sneaky Kitty – Vegan Thai
- Off The Griddle – Veggie and vegan burgers
- The Biscuit Bike – Vegan biscuits and gravy
- The Pedal Kettle – Eco-vegan kettle corn
New York , NY & New Jersey
- The Cinnamon Snail – 100% vegan and organic breakfast, lunch and dessert truck
- The Desi Truck – Indian food with veggie options (Manhattan)
- The Mac N’ Food Truck – 100% vegan comfort food, specializing in awesome mac n’ cheese and other yummies
- Soul Vegetarian – run by the makers of Ste. Martaen vegan cheese and Soul vegetarian East, this food truck serves up 100% vegan food
- GMonkey – Eco and vegetarian, local and seasonal truck
- Good Karma Kitchen – Organic vegetarian truck
- CCV – Vegan food trailer
- The Fojol Bros. Truck – A traveling culinary carnival with veggie options
- Clover Truck – Veggie and vegan organic options
And there’s more and more popping up every day! Be sure to leave a comment if you know of one we should add to the list!
Carolyn Scott-Hamilton celebrated her 10 years as a vegan as well as an entrepreneur in 2009. After college, Carolyn moved to Los Angeles from Miami in 1998. Shortly after arriving and becoming vegan, she studied holistic nutrition as well as dabbled in the culinary arts before she opened Ineventions, originally a pr & event firm, it is now a full film, TV and web production branch under the umbrella of her original business. With the access and addition of the new business arm, Carolyn was able to start realizing her dream of traveling and eating all over the world and so the Healthy Voyager was born in 2005. Carolyn is an avid traveler but she found it quite difficult to find vegan friendly restaurants abroad. She tired of having to pack her own foods or eat bread, fries and junky foods when she was away. After realizing she could find and/or manipulate any menu to create a meal that satisfied her as well as her dining partners, she created the Healthy Voyager to show people that your dietary restrictions should not ruin you or your travel mates’ trip, be it business or pleasure. She knew that many people must endure the same problems no matter what their diet may be from medical or ethical reasons to just wanting to keep slim. She started her blog to document every city and place she dined as a resource for the finickiest of travelers. She also realized it was a great resource for those who were traveling with others who did not share their special needs as her posts offered suggestions to restaurants that shared options for all types of foodies ; ) As of 2006, she and her husband, of opposing gastronomic tastes, have traveled and dined healthily and harmoniously while documenting it all on film for the Healthy Voyager Web Series and growing the Healthy Voyager brand. Carolyn is the executive producer, creator, host and writer of The Healthy Voyager web series & radio show, site, blog, brand and social network. To connect with the Healthy Voyager, you may email her at Carolyn@healthyvoyager.com
Read more from VividLife.me bloggers:
Ah Ojai, just a hop, skip and a jump from Los Angeles, this quaint and cute town, tucked in the valley of Ventura county is a hot spot for spa goers, golfers, celebrities and all around relaxation seeking folks. With wineries and olive oil tasting outlets as well as great hikes and shopping, you’ll definitely work up an appetite hangin’ in Ojai!
While Huntsville Alabama might not be a big tourist destination, it’s the center of some pretty impressive stuff. It’s the home of NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center and the US Army Aviation and Missile Command. Close to the Tennessee River and not far from the state, Huntsville is a nice community filled with a ton of aerospace brainiacs, rich history and some great healthy food options!