Earlier this year I started a journal called 365 Days of Living Now. As I took it out this week to write, I realized how much I manifested simply by writing it down and taking inspired action to make my words become reality. I’ve learned you must do more than dream. In order to crystalize your dreams you have to write them down, review them often, adjust if necessary and take steps to making them unfold in the now. Instead of agonizing over what to write or journal about I found creative ways to inspire my thoughts that help them just flow. Here are a few ideas to help you dream it, write it, manifest it and live it; whatever your wildest dreams are:
- Headline Inspiration: Flip through your favorite magazines and find headlines that grab your attention, get your juices flowing or inspire you and cut them out and paste them on blank pages of your journal. I recently did this and found captions like “yummy, escape, the best advice I ever received and power hour. Having these as guides helps me focus my writing and allows my dreams and visions to come to life on paper.
- Top 10 Lists: As I envision my 2012 speaking career I recently wrote several top 10 lists such as 10 cities I want to speak in, 10 speakers I want to share the stage with and 10 big national conferences I desire to speak at. You can do the same by making your top 10 lists in whatever categories or desires you like.
- Mind Mapping: I love this one because it provides a great visual of how I desire to manifest a goal or dream. I start by drawing a big circle in the middle of a blank journal page labeled with my main goal. Then I draw smaller circles outside the main circle and label them with small tasks or goals needed to accomplish the bigger dream.
- Fill in the Blank: This one takes a little more effort and imagination. I start by thinking about something I really want. On the top of the page I write “what if” and leave a blank. In the blank I write my deepest desire and then go crazy writing ideas about what if it really happened. For example I might write “what if my book was picked up by a major publisher.” I list all the wonderful things that could happen if that were to come true. This exercise helps you dream big and unlimited and raises your energy vibration as you soon begin to believe it is possible.
- Poetry in Motion: I love this one too because it brings out the artist in me. Whether you see yourself as a poet or not everyone can write poetry when they write from deep with their heart and soul. Start by thinking of one of your dreams and simply just write it out in verses. Don’t worry about making it right, perfect or whether it rhymes. Just write from your heart and let your ideas flow.
These are just a few examples of how you can creatively express the desires of your heart and journal your dreams into fruition. Now of course you have to do more than write you have to believe you deserve for them to come true and be brave enough to take risks and leaps of faith to bring them to life. It’s also essential for you to develop your own personal dream team; a group of people who will hold you accountable, keep you inspired, support you on your journey and help you birth your dreams. Here’s a NAKED truth; everybody doesn’t want to see you succeed so be mindful about who you share your dreams with and select 3-5 people who accept you for who you are believe in you, support you and those you trust with your inner most dreams.
When I look back on the things I wrote at the beginning of the year I am amazed at how many of my goals have been accomplished and dreams have come true. Journaling is a wonderful way to express your ideas and crystalize your dreams. The last thing you should know is you must write with your love pen. The powerful pen that comes from a place of self-love which means you must deeply believe you are worthy, you have value, you matter and that your dreams are important and can become real. So pick up your love pen today and start writing your life and dreams into fruition and be sure to taste the small victories along the way. May you be inspired to write with boldness, fearlessness and bravery!
Catrice M. Jackson M.S., LMHP, LPC
International Empowerment Speaker, Fear-Free Living Expert and Author