“Again and again some people in the crowd wake up. They have no ground in the crowd and they emerge according to broader laws.They carry strange customs with them and demand room for bold gestures. The future speaks ruthlessly through them.”
– Rainer Maria Rilke
About one month ago now I had an experience that has happened to me only four other times in my life. I was going full-speed-ahead, excited and inspired, with my hands in many new projects, sure about the direction I was heading and suddenly I “turned a corner”. Like the experience of the Hero in the Hero’s Journey that I wrote of in the last two blogs, I seemed to experience a sudden shift in my very ground of Being and found myself in a place where everything I thought was important suddenly was not, and my former reality was replaced simply with A Knowing: that a new vision with far greater purpose was now alive within me, and that it was now important to wait, learn, and listen.
Unlike similar experiences of my past, when this shift came over me it felt mostly like a deep wave of grief as it announced itself. And as it continued over the days, I began to get the sense that I was like a Tuning Fork for the cosmos – as if I was feeling the grief of the people on the planet presently, or prior to what is about to happen as the world continues to experience being “rocked and rolled” through societal and physical planetary shifts that will change life as we know it – eventually, to a much more peaceful and harmonious one.
Daily I would try to describe this unfolding experience to my dear husband, and no sooner would I go through one wave, than he would follow with his own version of it one day later. As it became more apparent to me what was happening, I felt increasingly clearer and more capable of articulating it to those closest to me and spent last weekend writing to close friends and relatives to share with them this “something” that is deeper than thought, and yet more real than anything I’ve felt before in my lifetime. The Shift isn’t going to happen, but is happening, and it’s vitally important that every single one of us answer that deep Calling within us, and bring courage and authenticity to every act and every interaction. In short, time is short with regard to living the familiar life we’ve been living, and the planet cannot afford for you to play small. What are you feeling called to do? Where are you feeling called to be? What do you stand for?
“Truly to sing, that is a different breath.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
I think that we are the first wave of human beings who will move fully into the new consciousness, and therefore, we are being cleaned out, cleared out and tuned “up”. Here are the “symptoms” of individual Shifting that I’ve been experiencing at an increasingly intense rate, and I want very much to share them with any of the other sensitives and empaths who are most likely sharing this same experience, in hopes that you will not only feel accompanied, but also to encourage you to speak your truth, live your truth, and stand for Truth. Below, are many of the experiences I’ve been having:
* An extremely deep pull to be in Nature.
* A need for much more stillness, and silence, and oftentimes solitude.
* The falling away of old friendships that no longer “fit” and the discovery of new connections that feel like Soul Tribe – as if we have been dispersed across time and space, but are now finding one another again.
* A desire to speak very little, and to speak only when it is a conversation that will add to solution or “seed” humanity’s future with supportive ideas, visions, and dreams. A desire to speak only from authenticity and one’s own truth of the moment.
* A draw toward Yoga, and breathing practices.
* An increased and amplified activity of the mind and the body’s habitual patterns (in order to be shown what is still a limiting belief or way of being).
* A tremendous reverence for all sentient beings, and for the Mother Earth herself.
* A desire to celebrate all that is beautiful and nourishing: music, art, poetry; love.
* A grieving of the old that must pass away: lifestyles, expectations, and illusions I held dear.
* A clear understanding that everyone is responsible for their own healing and that my time is now best spent doing those things that aid me in tending to my own unhealed/unaware places until there is Wholeness or “whole awareness”.
For someone like myself who has always been a “people pleaser” and has had great difficulty in “disappointing others”, the shift I’ve undergone is very big. But suddenly I know what I stand for, and I will not be swayed. I have cancelled plans that don’t fit my soul’s agenda, and I do nothing that does not align with what has meaning to me. Although this is a time for listening deeply, and saying little, it is also a time to stand up, stand for, and speak my truth:
I stand for Mother Earth, and for every innocent creature who has the right to freedom; to food and water and shelter, and respect and dignity and Love – I stand for all of the voiceless voices. Yes, Truly to Sing, that is a different breath…
Let Me Apologize
We truly are
One Nation, Of God,
because We cannot divide the One Heart
no matter what We may
say or do
to one another.
But let me apologize
to every god for what we’ve done in
Let me apologize
to every People, for what we’ve each believed
as we took a life.
Let me apologize
for every One who has forgotten Oneness.
For Conquests. For Slavery. For War.
For Conversions and Missions.
For the harming of Animals, and the rape of Peoples and Planets.
Let me apologize
for The Guilty who don’t even know
‘Let Me Ap0logize’ – Em Claire