The web is full of information on going green, green living and advice on personal sustainability. For many, this mountain of information can be confusing and at times a little overwhelming. A common question is: “Where do I begin?” A good first step is to unite your personal eco passions in a way that works specifically to your lifestyle.
Personal sustainability is a continuous improvement process that challenges an individual to constantly expand personal eco awareness. This may seem obvious but it is so true. There isn’t any one single defined path to green living: there isn’t a beginning and there isn’t an end. Personal sustainability is your journey of discovery.
The post, Exploring the Value in Personal Sustainability, explores drivers, challenges, and big opportunities around green living while offering suggestions on how to get started:
• Follow the path that is most inspiring to you.
• Research, develop and grow your eco awareness on these topics, then shift to alternative choices and behavior changes.
• Don’t try to take it all on at once, remember small changes add up.
• Consistency over volume: daily and regular practices have the most impact.
• Reward your successes.
• Momentum brings visibility to previously inaccessible ideas and behaviors.
• From your green living successes will bring inspiration.
By capitalizing on the power of inspiration and focusing on personal value drivers in the pursuit of green living, anyone can follow their eco passion in a way that works for them.