Whether you are one of the 44% of Americans who make New Year’s resolutions or not, the new year does present an opportunity to reassess, revamp and revive.
Here follows 10 tips from the Our Lady of Weight Loss Vault that speak to …
Why do our New Year’s Resolutions Wear Thin???
1. How Excited and Inspired Are You, Really? Are the goals you set your own, or are they coming from the ‘shoulds’ – ‘musts’ and ‘have tos’ that other people have laid upon you? If you are not excited, forgetaboutit.
2. Did You Bite Off More than You Can Chew? Be realistic for goodness sake. You can’t start off with 300 pound weights. Try a 3 pounder first! Small changes create big results.
3. Help!!! No woman is an island unto herself. We all need people in our lives that can help and lend support. Make a two column list right now. On the left side list your resolutions. On the right side, list who can help you!
4. Did You Write it Down? No! Well you gotta! Statistics show that 75% of what we write down happens. Putting your goals on paper both alerts your brain that you are “open for business,” as well as sending a strong and positive message to the universe, declaring that you are, indeed, “in the game!”
5. What’s your plan?! Huh? You don’t have one! Writing down your goals is important, but a plan is what keeps you on track.
6. What’s your first action step? Like hola, Tushkateers! Writing it down and making a detailed plan are important steps, but then you must take action.
7. Don’t Let Life Get in the Way. It’s easy to let life take over. Going to work, getting the laundry done, going to your kids’ soccer games, etc. etc. We barely have time to breathe! I get it!!! Therefore, you must schedule your goals. Whatever it is that you need to do to manifest, put it on your calendar. Even grocery shopping for fruits & veggies.
8. Go Towards the Positive vs. Pushing Away from Negative. Instead of focusing on the negative habit you want to let go of, look toward your happy, compelling future. For instance, if you want to quit smoking, focus on what a healthy life looks like. Remember, we manifest what we focus on.
9. Drowning in Drama. At some point, doubt and fear will surface. When your ‘evil twin’ speaks to you, rather than believe that voice and get sucked into the drama, you need to move back into action, immediately. It takes a strong ‘want power’ muscle to do it, but I know that you have it in you!
10. Failure is Feedback. Brace yourself, friends. You will fail here and there, because failure is a part of the process. When things aren’t going your way; when your action plan isn’t working, it’s time to review and revamp! Failure is merely feedback. Tweak it and move on. No ten year detours allowed!
11. Fatitude Adjustment. If you fill your head with self-defeating thoughts and negative prophecies, or expect instant results, or beat yourself in any manner of speaking, then consider signing up for a FATitude Adjustment!
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
Weight Loss Success Coach
wise * fun * utterly useful