What is the number one holiday health issue that could ruin your holiday plans? Colds and flus. Here are my recommendations for staving of those pesky illnesses.
What are the cold and flu?
Both are caused by a viral respiratory infection that can affect the nose, throat, and lungs. To tell the difference, you will feel cold if you have a cold and if you are feverish you probably have the flu.
How can you support yourself naturally:
- To help ease sinus congestion humidifiers and saline nasal sprays are very helpful.
- Zinc lozenges and oil of oregano are great to take because they help stop replication of the attacking virus. Also, load up on Vitamin D as studies have shown that people with low levels get three times more cold/flus per year.
- Mushrooms and plant sterols are full of beneficial properties that help treat and prevent sickness.
- Don’t forget your vitamin C, aim for 2-3000 mg.
What are your top tips for avoiding getting sick?
- Wash hands often
- Fist bump instead of hand shake
- Sneeze into your sleeve
- Use a natural essential oil based hand gel
Natural ways to boost immunity include: