We are all uniquely different women with special needs, desires, goals, likes and dislikes. Our outer appearances and actions reflect whom we are inside. It is a snapshot of our internal map drawn from life experiences. As women we all play many roles; the daughter, the friend, the wife, the mother, the career women, the grandmother and so on! These roles make up the defining moments in our lives, and set the stage for who we are today.
How do we find our purpose? Why are we here? How do we find happiness? Well to start do you know who you are today? If you could pick five characteristics to describe you, what would they be? How do others describe you? Discovering who you are, accepting who you are, and loving who you are allows you to define your passion(s) and start living a life of purpose. We all have an inner vision of the woman we’d like to be, and dream about that woman materializing in reality. The truth is you have the ability to be whoever you aspire to become. “It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think your not.” Our beliefs and values are expressed by our attitudes and outlook on, who we are or think we are. When you look in the mirror do you like the woman you see? Do you greet each day with a spirited attitude towards life? Do you recognize your talents? Are you sharing those gifts with others? If not, you are preventing yourself from living a live of purpose and abundance.
Ignite that spark of promise within you, and let that confident woman shine through with these eight tips!!
1. Realize your purpose in life is to be you! Ask yourself what is preventing you from being you? Be honest and write it all down. Determine what you value in life, along with your passions? Are you living out your passions? When your values and passions are tied together you will experience meaning in your life, increasing your confidence and your self-esteem. Banish fear from your life.
2. Silence Your Inner Critic- Realize right now that no one is perfect. Admit your flaws and choose to work on the ones you can change. Your self-criticism starts during childhood and continues into adulthood and overcoming this starts with practicing positive self-talk and affirmation. Stop the negative self-talk. Look into the mirror and affirm everyday I am beautiful, I am loved, and I am ready to take on the world. Practice self love and accept the things you cannot change. Don’t get sucked into believing the media’s portrayal of the perfect woman. Be proud of who you are and stop wishing you were someone else. Eventually you will actually start to believe. http://www.mainfest-your-success.com/confidence-and-self-esteem.html
3. Believe In Your Abilities- You can move mountains and accomplish anything you set your mind too. Recognize your talents and extend your gifts to others. In doing this you will be able to receive more abundance, happiness and peace into your life. Shift your mindset and realize like attracts like. Appreciate if you don’t believe in yourself know one will.
4. Live In The Present Moment-Leave the past in the past, and don’t dwell on the future. Creating true change comes with acknowledging and releasing the past. Learn to live in the now, plan for the future but don’t let the past or the future consume you. http://www.mainfest-your-success.com/confidence-and-self-esteem.html
5. Convert real successes into statements- Learn from your mistakes, lets face it we all make them. But why do we choose to focus on them rather than our successes? Choose the things you have succeeded in and convert it into a statement. Post these statements somewhere you can see them everyday. Celebrate you and give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done.
6. Visualize that confident woman- Be realistic, what does a confident woman look like? People mistake appearance for looks. Looks are what you are born with, appearance is how you manage and present those looks. Do you look confident? My next article will assist you in looking confident as I will discuss outer appearance, and body language.
7. Laugh Learn and Love- Surround yourself with supportive, positive people and engage in activities that boost your confidence and self-esteem bringing joy into your life. Being around happy people who like to enjoy life can assist you in becoming a confident woman. Learn from others who have gone before you, accept and choose to overcome any challenges that present themselves.
8. Practice Gratitude-Choose to see the good in everything! Be thankful for life, family, friends and what you have today. Thank yourself and recognize that it took a great deal of wisdom and knowledge to get to where you are today. Live each day with a spirited attitude in knowing that each day is an opportunity to create the life you want!
For more great tips on Being the Best You Can Be and Creating the Life You Want, check out Devine Your Life; Life Design by Sonia Devine.http://www.mainfest-your-success.com/confidence-and-self-esteem.html
Amanda Willett believes that all women are uniquely beautiful. As the founder and CEO of BD IMAGE Services, Amanda aims to teach women how to accept, embrace and present their matchless beauty to the world. She believes creating a presence, leaving a lasting impression always, will set the stage for success.
Amanda believes we all have a vision of the woman we would like to become and her goal is to inspire you to make that vision a reality. With a desire to redefine the meaning of beauty, Amanda teaches women how to reveal their inner diva. Her workshops propel women to uncover and express their authentic selves, giving them the confidence to put their best self forward. As an image professional, Amanda provides services for individuals and corporations through coaching, personalized consultations, presentations, seminars and workshops. www.bdimageservices.com