- Food responds differently in different bodies.
If we both eat the same thing, my body will process that food differently than you. This is because our systems work differently- sometimes by genetics, often times from imbalance. The product of the breakdown of food is what determines its pH within the body, not necessarily from the pH of the food itself.
- Bacteria and viruses can live easily within an alkaline environment.
While it is true that many forms of cancer have a hard time living in an alkaline environment, it creates a great space for infections to set up. An alkaline system can be a stress to your body’s immune system, so more acidity can help in the body’s fight against bacteria and viruses.
- The pH system of the body is built to be one of the most variable metabolic systems of the body.
The pH of the body can and does shift in response to our constantly changing environment and stress. It was designed to do so. Cells can have different functions at different pH levels. Forcing the body in one direction without considering the balance can result in compromise of many systems.
- We are all metabolically unique and have individualized needs.
Your body is the sum of genetics, behaviors and habits, lifestyle and stress. What works for you may have the opposite effect with me.
- Any benefits from these alkaline type diets may come from the increase in fresh greens and vegetables.
These foods are packed with the nutrients and fiber a healthy body craves. Most any diet would benefit with more of these food included.