“We grow great by dreams. All big men are dreamers. They see things in the soft haze of a spring day or in the red fire of a long winter’s evening. Some of us let our dreams die, but others nourish and protect them, nurse them through bad days till they bring them to sunshine and light.” ~ Woodrow Wilson
What is green living? Is it living off the grid? Living in a green house? Working at a green job? What exactly does it mean to be green?
At its essence, a sustainable lifestyle, or living green, refers to a lifestyle and set of choices that minimizes a person’s environmental impact. While living green embraces sustainability concepts of efficiency, organics, waste management, and so forth, the mindset is more important than the eco actions. Why? Because life is dynamic. As expressed in our eco friendly training, applying sustainability concepts one way today may not be the sustainable solution of tomorrow. Your life circumstances change so it’s in your approach to life that matters.
The bigger the dream, the more you aspire to become. Are there areas of a sustainable lifestyle that you’ve dreamed about exploring?
- Explore healthier living.
- Improve your quality of life and work life balance.
- Reconnect with your local community.
- Build your career with eco awareness.
- Become an educated and conscious consumer.
Imagine for a moment your personal accounts of the thrill of doing something you have always wanted to do. The personal reward and accompanying excitement is lasting and inspires you to more. Living your very own green dream can be a thrilling adventure.
- Discover what can be recycled and what cannot! Can you recycle paint? Hair? Crayons? Find out here. Better yet, discover recycling centers near your home by visiting Earth911.
- Discover the rewarding sensation of volunteering in your community. Not sure where to start? Visit VolunteerMatch and enter your zip code and area of interest to find a perfect volunteer match.
- Discover cycling as part of a sustainable lifestyle and as a rewarding personal adventure. Explore health, environmental, and cost saving reasons for biking to work and pick out your favorite resources to help you do it.
- Discover ways to decorate the eco friendly way with eco friendly materials, paints, and plants.
- Discover ways to green your routine. Pick a different day of the week to take eco action on different sustainability concepts. The thrill is in changing habits on a daily basis. Need ideas? Visit here.
Through our daily living, we are presented with opportunities to expand our eco awareness and make informed choices. If you have dreams of living green, now is the time to take action. As you live your green dream, it inspires others to live theirs.