Summer is here! Spice it up with eco style to add some eco sizzle in your summer activities!
Individuals aiming to live a greener lifestyle have a variety of eco friendly options at their disposal. A first step in living green is awareness of your environmental impacts. One way to begin is to start with ideas that are you most familiar. Areas of energy efficiency, waste management, or local and fair trade are familiar topics. Or, you can find out your environmental impact by visiting PineMark or the Global Footprint Network .
Integrating green living into your summer activities can be easy and fun. All that’s needed is a little eco curiosity to use eco friendly options in place of the traditional products and approaches. Are you looking for ideas? Try these on!
Organic garden – Organic gardening leads to better health in three main ways:
- When you garden organically, you greatly reduce your exposure to pesticides, which have been linked to many severe health problems.
- Organically-grown food is more nutritious than food grown using conventional methods.
- Organic gardeners tend to use “muscle-power” rather than “machine-power” for gardening tasks.
Green Home Makeover – Transform your home into an eco haven. Express your unique style with eco flair!
- Eco Friendly Painting: A Breath of Fresh Air
- Top 10 Plants to Reduce Stress, Cut Toxins, and Live Green
- Splish Splash: 20 Ways to Green your Bathroom
- Transform your Home Office to a Green Office
- Clean Green
Eco friendly car washing – wash your car the eco friendly way
- Consider switching to a waterless car wash.
- Wash on gravel, grass, or another permeable surface.
- Use a water-saving hose nozzle. Select a nozzle with an automatic shut-off valve so that water is not continuing to flow as you wash.
- Select the right soap. Choose a biodegradable soap that is chlorine- and phosphate-free. Phosphates encourage algae bloom when they enter water and reduce oxygen levels for other aquatic species.
- Opt for reusable towels. Swap paper towels for re-usable microfiber towels.
Happy Eco Summer to you!