I love oatmeal. I love how much it fills me up, keeps me energized, and tastes good with just about any topping I can think of — berries, banana, almond butter, nuts, granola, etc. However, when the temperatures start getting warmer, my hair starts frizzing more, and one step on into the NYC subway platform has me sweating, I can’t say I’m craving something hot for breakfast. That’s why smoothies become my go to. I could drink smoothies for breakfast, lunch and dinner every single day, which is why I’m always trying to think of new flavor combos.
Since I was missing my oatmeal the other day, but didn’t want to be standing above a stove cooking it, I decided to add all of my favorite oatmeal toppings and uncooked oats into the blender. It was light but also super filling and satiating. You can whip this up in no time and consume plenty of antioxidants, fiber and protein all in one glass.
- 1 cup (250 ml) almond milk
- 1/2 cup (80 g) blueberries, fresh or frozen*
- 1/4 cup (40 g) raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 banana, fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup (50 g) rolled oats
- ice, optional (you’ll likely only need ice if you don’t use frozen fruit)*I prefer using frozen fruit because I like the consistency it gives the smoothie, but if you use fresh, just add ice.
Add all ingredients into a high powered blender and blend on high for at least 60 seconds until smooth.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Calories 270
- Fat 10g
- Saturated Fat 0.5g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 180mg
- Carbohydrates 41g
- Fiber 11g
- Sugars 12g
- Protein 7g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on product size and juicer used.