This is a delightful seasonal cranberry apple raw pie recipe. It’s a crustless pie, so there’s only 1 step needed. A food processor is required. Serve from the freezer. It keeps very well.
- 2 apples (chopped into small pieces)
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 3/4 cup dates
- 1/2 cup dried, shredded coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
1. Place walnuts in food processor. Process into a fine meal.
2. Add dates to the walnuts in food processor. Process again until well combined. (You should only see tiny bits of dates.)
3. Add all remaining ingredients into food processor. Pulse briefly until recipe is well combined – do not over-process. You’re looking for somewhat chunky texture, similar to the photo.
4. Press firmly down into pie dish using your hands.
5. Freeze for at least 5 hours (or ideally overnight). Store in freezer at all times.
The Rawtarian’s Thoughts
This is a crustless pie recipe, so there’s only one step needed. In fact, I’ve used crust ingredients, so you get the crust flavor without the added step of having to separate them and make two mixtures.
This recipe should always be stored in the freezer. It should be eaten straight out of the freezer, or thawed for a maximum of 15 minutes. Also, it keeps well in the freezer so it can be made in advance.
If you don’t have fresh cranberries, you can use dried cranberries or raisins instead.