If its one thing that everyone has trouble with is losing body fat? Why? There are lots of reasons why. This short article will explain the reasons why you are having a tough time shedding body fat and some remedies that you can incorporate right now to make it easier to lose those unwanted pounds.
The Top Three Mistakes
There really are three major mistakes that stop you from losing body fat. Before I go into all three I want you to know that people who are living a life that is physically fit actually do things differently then the average person. Individuals who are fit and healthy have no secrets to weight loss, they just approach their lifestyles differently then other individuals. If you wish to make major changes in your own lifestyle just follow what a healthy individual does, and stop doing these three mistakes:
1) Obsession over body weight – Listen, stepping on the scale every morning is not helping you. Our bodies are in constant flux especially for you ladies who are reading this! Hormones, stress levels, exercise levels, sleep patterns, how much water you drink, social activities, ALL can positively or negatively affect your current weight. In fact weight has little to do with overall health. I can have two individuals who weight 130 lbs but once might be super fit, lean and muscular while the other one could be holding an extra 20 lbs of body fat. I recommend throwing your bathroom scale out. Weigh yourself once a month if that. In addition those “new scales” that read your body fat, throw those out to, they are as inaccurate as body weight is. Recommendations: Measure more then just weight loss when embarking on a weight loss program. More on this later.
2) Neglecting Nutritional Importance for Overall Health. – Yes we have been bombarded with fad diets, fake diets, good diets, bad diets and every type of nutritional programming that one can become quite overloaded. With all this information it can be quiet confusing that people just give up all together. If you are embarking on healthy lifestyle program you must be very conscience about what you put into your body. There are foods that heal and foods that kill! One mistake that is detrimental is not eating breakfast, and not eating enough protein throughout the day. Both will dramatically increase your lean body mass and help you shed fat faster then ever!
3) Not including Strength Training Into a Lifestyle Program – The number one rule of thumb is at first do more weight training then cardiovascular training. Why? Because our muscle is considered “active tissue” meaning for every pound of lean muscle mass that you put on the body, the metabolism burns 350 more calories in a day to keep that muscle on the body. This means that over a year’s time the person with ten more lbs of muscle will burn 127,750 or be able to lose 36 lbs of body fat just by adding a strength training routine into their lifestyle! Very Powerful!
The Top Three Recommendations:
1) Model a fit person – If you were to learn a particular skill you would find someone who has perfected that skill. If you wanted to be great at tennis you would find someone who is amazing at tennis! The same holds true for fitness. Find someone who is already fit and healthy and start modeling their actions and lifestyle behaviors. It’s the fast track for getting fit and healthy!
2) Eat Like a King In The Morning and A Pauper in the Evening – In other words your biggest meals in the day should be Breakfast, Mid morning snack and Lunch, after that you should taper your meals so that your smallest meal is at 6pm. The fatal mistake is having not enough in the morning and eating too much late in the evening. This is a Death Sentence!
3) Seek Professional Guidance – If you wanted to have someone work on your teeth you would go see a dentist. If you needed advice and help in law you would go see a lawyer. If you wanted to build a beautiful house you would hire contractors to build your house. It’s the same thing for building the body. Listen no one is an island. You must hire someone to help you create and maintain a healthy lifestyle. The problem being is we do not value our bodies enough to do this! We put everyone else’s needs first and our bodies pay the price!
Our company Step Up Canada offers Online Personal Training for busy professionals life yourself that “think” they have no time to workout and incorporate a healthy lifestyle into their life. We our offering a ONE WEEK FREE TRIAL Membership for anyone that is interested. We challenge you to come on board and try us out! We will write a personalized fitness and nutritional program for you as well as provide lifestyle counseling all done through SKYPE! For more information please visit our website at www.stepupcanada.com
Canada Stair Climbing Association
Step Up Canada!