Whether you are new to meditation or are a veteran, there are always ways you can improve your meditation experience. Every time you meditate it is a new adventure, a new journey and a new connection to your spiritual self and the Divine. As you practice using meditation on a daily basis, you will discover many benefits in all areas of your life. Not only will you become spiritually centred but also the mind and body will naturally follow along creating optimal physical and emotional health.
If you have been meditating for a while now, think about the following:
* Look back to the time prior to introducing this into your life and see if you can think of the changes that have occurred for you so far.
* Do you notice a difference when you don’t meditate?
* Did you find it hard at first to bring meditation into a daily practice?
* How often do you meditate?
* Do you feel you are more sensitive to positive and negative energies?
The same applies for those who choose to only meditate in a group setting or have just begun:
* How do you feel during and after a class?
* Do you notice any changes in other areas of your life?
* Are you more aware of the energies around you?
* Have you begun to notice changes in how you feel during a meditation class, such as change in temperature, tingling sensations on your body, a warm glow inside, a coolness over your body, visualizing everything from scenes to swirls of colours of light, a lightness or heaviness as you relax, an overwhelming burst of emotions and perhaps you even feel your Chakras turning as you draw in the white light?
These are only a few things that can occur while you are meditating but are signs that you are becoming sensitive to the energy forces around and through you.
As you practice meditating, you will begin to notice the subtle changes in the energy around you during this quiet time. You may be able to identify the “feeling” of your guide or angel and in turn will recognize when your guides are changing or a different energy is in the room. That is the great thing about group classes as you are able to increase the vibration at a much faster rate and become aware of the different energies around you. Allow yourself to become accustomed to these feelings so you can recognize them in other areas of your life.
Deepening Your Meditation
As you practice your meditation, you will discover ways that help you to go deeper into relaxation by creating triggers for your body and mind. Here are just a few of them and as each of us if different, you may already have a technique you use to prepare yourself for your meditation journey.
Anchoring is a method that is quite useful as it can be used at any time to put your body into complete relaxation very quickly; not only useful for meditation but in times of stress or where you need to focus and become balanced.
* Once you have completed your grounding and feel relaxed at the beginning of your meditation, press together your thumb and middle finger.
* Tell yourself that from this point on you will associate this physical gesture with inducing the same grounding and relaxation you have just experienced.
* Continue with your meditation.
* Later, after taking about three of four deep breaths, try the above physical trigger and see if you respond by visualizing your grounding and feel relaxed.
* You may need to repeat this exercise a few times to get the association connected.
This is just one way to anchor. It is a speed grounding and protection, which can be very useful outside of the meditation mode. I have used it several times when going into what could be a stressful environment and being confronted with a negative person or situation. By using this method you are surrounding yourself with white light and by doing so automatically are sending out the call that you want HELP! Your body will become relaxed which in turn settles your mind and spirit so you can approach the situation focused and in a positive manner.
Triggers can also be items you bring out when you meditate such as candles, incense, soft music or a prayer shawl. Perhaps you like to lie down on a certain yoga mat or blanket, sit on a cushion or be in a specific room. If you already do these things no doubt you have found that by just preparing yourself for meditation, you are well on your way to relaxing. You have programmed your subconscious mind to associate certain actions with a pre-programmed result – relaxation and communication with your guides. This is why it is very beneficial if you are able to create a sacred space in your home where you go just to meditate. Simply by going to this spot your mind, body and spirit will begin to prepare itself for meditation.
Crystals have their own energy and you can program them for specific uses. If you have a few you want especially for meditating you can program them for that purpose…the intent that they assist you in relaxing faster, help you contact your guides and angels, receive messages, view past lives, help in healing this sort of thing. You may wish to hold one or two in your palm or when lying down, place them on your third eye or other chakras that may need healing. Again, if it feels right do it! There are grids that you can make and have these grids in the room you are using for your meditation. You will find that by simply bringing your crystals out you will begin to relax.
These are only a few ideas to assist you in finding your stillness. Remember, your meditation should be effortless and free flowing. You will never stop all your thoughts but by taking time for Spirit, you will gain that feeling of Oneness with all things. It is necessary for you to make time for yourself in order to promote healing on all levels. It is in this place that you will discover your purpose, who you are and request your desires.
What do you do to improve your meditation experience? If you haven’t tried anything yet, give one of these ideas a try and see how it feels. If it doesn’t “fit”, try something else. Above all else, be patient with yourself and take time each day to find your stillness through meditation.
Janice Chrysler: Through Hypnosis, I assist others in bringing a sense of control back into their lives and then they are able to make changes necessary for their personal growth. Past Life Regression has helped many people, including myself, to understand our fears, habits, and life lessons we need to learn. These are things which have brought me to where I am today – practicing Hypnotherapy and Reiki from my Marmora office, providing private and group sessions and workshops along with weekly meditation classes.
Life is a learning field for all of us and we are all on a journey. Through out the trip we cross each other’s path for a reason. I am grateful for all my life’s experiences as I feel it has taught me to become who I am today and I know, the trip is far from over!