Being real or being authentic has some amazing benefits. When we are real with ourselves and other people we can create situations, circumstances and experiences that can truly be called extraordinary. It is these extraordinary events that result in an extraordinary life.
Ironically, what the world considers extraordinary is, in the eyes of God, really very ordinary. Why? Because to God, the Infinite, the Universe, Spirit (what we call it is irrelevant), being ordinary is about being real…and being real is about living your life from your natural state.
The Bible says, “Be as little children.” Great advice! Watch children at play. They have no pretenses. They wear no masks. What you see is what you get! Children are authentic.
When we are authentic like little children we are able to be free of the constraints and confinements of the inauthentic world.
The inauthentic world is the world that tells us it is unsafe to be real. It even goes as far as saying that being real can be dangerous and even life- threatening.
In reality, who we think we are, is simply a figment of our fear-based imagination. This false identity is the result of the human socialization process.
If you are reading this then it is time for you to remove your mask and be real. It is not who you are…it is who your mind has convinced you to believe you are over a lifetime of negative self-talk.
Being authentic is your awakening. It is your experience of true enlightenment. It is your spiritual homecoming.
When you live life authentically you experience more of the following benefits of being human. Some of these benefits are:
1. creativity 2. honesty 3. integrity 4. self-esteem 5. joy 6. inner peace and 7. unconditional love.
The challenge we each face as we become more real is learning how to live life authentically on a daily basis in a seemingly inauthentic world.
The inauthentic world consists of anyone and anything that indicates to us that who we are is not enough. The inauthentic world is one of endless, infinite incompleteness. It tells you that you are half, not whole. It points out all your shortcomings. It tells you that you’re not smart enough, attractive, rich enough, young or old enough to be somebody of worth.
This is the world most live in. It is why we suffer both physically and emotionally. Being real is about being true to YOU in a world where honesty, integrity, inner peace and unconditional love are desperately needed.
Being real doesn’t “do” anything for you. To be real is to experience a state of consciousness that allows your Self to express Itself through you, as you, as often as possible.
Here are some tips on how to begin the process of allowing your real Self to shine once again. As you begin to re-acquaint yourself with the “real deal” that is You, you begin to notice that He/She was with you all along. The truth is you’ve just been ignoring Him/Her for a very long time.
To be real, give yourself permission to explore the following exercises:
- Observe children at play. Notice the presence of authenticity in them as they interact with themselves and other children.
- Choose an activity, project or situation that requires you to be more real and authentic. Play it out in your imagination and notice how being real can create a more beneficial outcome.
- Say something to that special someone that you have wanted to say to them for a very long time but didn’t out of fear.
- Look at photos of yourself as an infant. See the pureness, the innocence, the perfection, the inner peace, the wholeness. That is who you are and always will be! Love that child! Let it be itself once again. Let it come out to play.
When we give ourselves permission to be real again, our lives become glorious…guaranteed!