Things ARE always working out for me…and they can for you too.
Recently I told an acquaintance this and she said, “Really? Why?”.
It made me think WHY do things work out for me? They did not always or maybe its fair to say they did not with ease.
I grew up in a poor and abusive family. I left home at age 15. I worked hard and completed high school with top marks all the while supporting myself working at Dairy Queen (yes I now hate ice cream). I went to university. Worked hard and gained two degrees in four years while waitressing full time to pay my tuition. I worked hard in my 20s and climbed the corporate ladder and became a senior manager before age 30. I worked hard, harder, harder still. I was under the myth that in order for things to happen I had to make them happen. I did not know what I know now of course.
Thankfully in my mid-20s I discovered wisdom practices and laws of the universe and really everything changed. I realized life was not about survival or hard work but actually about dreaming, playing, loving our heart’s desires into being. We can have all that our heart desires whether it is a lover, a new job, a great house, a great vocation and a great vacation. So how?
Simply I took all that information, wisdom and insight from thousands of years and hundreds of quantum physicists and distilled into three simple things that I pretty much always do.
My recipe for heart-felt success is:
Dream: Dream means tuning into your heart or your higher self. We dream from deep soul desire not just sensual yearning. The dreamers create with ease, flow and deep heart connection both for their highest purpose and the highest purpose of others.
- What is your heart wanting for you to be, to share, to create, to experience? This also requires listening and courage (literally to be full of heart).
- What is the universe calling from you? This is apart of your dream/life purpose and the universal dream.
- What would you dare to do if time, money, your identify was not limiting you? Pay attention – this is YOUR dream that is calling you. Have courage – follow it!
Feel: Once you have the dream FEEL it.
- What is the feeling of your dream?
- Can you feel that feeling even if the dream has not manifested yet. – Yes imagine feeling love even if you are looking for a lover. Feel abundant even if for now the bank account is empty. Law Attraction responds to feelings.
- Look for ways to relax, be happy, be present – I have learned how important meditation is for allowing me to relax my mind and therefore be more open, how important play is to be happy and mindfulness practice is to be present to all the amazing wonder that IS in my life.
Focus: With so much noise, chatter and information coming at us it is more important than ever to be able to focus. Focus for me means holding my self in a place where I can see, feel, allow the dream. I don’t let others steal my dream by their limiting beliefs. For example when Ian and I were going to buy our first house I dreamed that it would happen easefully and we would get what we wanted for a great price. Naysayers said it would take months and I would have to settle. I just tuned inward and guess what, we got THE house we wanted in ONE DAY!
- Create time to just BE – Be quiet on your mat, in nature wherever and feel your dream.
- Visualize! – I actually see it all happening before it does. I imagine it all as DONE but am open to the continuing flow of unfolding magic as the universe sometimes gives me more or greater than my vision.
- Listen inside! – It is important to unplug (with love) from the peanut gallery whether the peanut gallery is your friends/family, main-stream media or even our cultural beliefs. Decide where you are going to focus.
Recently at Burning Man, a huge event in the middle of the Nevada desert I met up with my sister, Andrea with no plan, no idea of where I was going to be and in a crowd of 60,000 people. My travel companion’s jaw dropped when our bus pulled into the event and there was my sister in a congo line waiting for me. I had visualized her standing there, felt the joy of seeing her and knew it would all work out.
I said to my friend, “I knew she would be here.”
We can make magic everyday!
The Tantric sages say, “Life is a dream so pick the one you want.”
Thank you for being apart of the dream in my life…
Shasta Townsend is a passionate lover of life, cultivator of possibility and guide to radiant being both on and off the Yoga mat. She is the creator and director of Balanced Life Yoga, a freelance wellness, travel and well-being writer and a leader in grounded transformational spirituality. Her love of freedom and joy and her intention to always expand takes her to fresh and exciting places on the mat and around the globe. She offers group and individual transformation to help people live a life they love. Her own heart-based creation, Balanced Life Yoga is a community of light, transformation and possibility. You can connect with her in class or private sessions there (www.balancedlifeyoga.ca) or on Facebook (and follow her exploits and unfoldings).