Chewy Cherry Grain-Free Granola
Gluten-Free and Vegan
• 1/3 cup canola oil
• 1/4 cup agave nectar
• 1/3 cup stevia
• 2 cups salted cashews, chopped
• 3/4 cup flax seeds
• 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
• 1/6 tsp. freshly grated ginger
• 1/6 tsp. cocoa powder
• 1 cup dried cherries, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare a sheet tray with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a saucepan, heat oil, agave nectar and stevia over low heat until incorporated.
3. Transfer to bowl and mix in 2 cups peanuts and flax seeds, cinnamon, ginger and cocoa powder.
4. Transfer to sheet tray and bake; mixing every 20 minutes for 1 hour.
5. Remove from oven; set aside to cool. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; toss with cherries.
6. Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
7. Enjoy atop yogurt, salads, mixed into hummus or just eaten alone as an on-the-go snack.
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in simple Gluten-Free ‘Clean’ recipes for the home cook. She is the Editor-in-Chief of The Healthy Apple and the Publisher and Marketing Director of the online gluten-free magazine, Easy Eats. After graduating with a B.S in Management from Boston University Business School, Amie followed her passion for cooking and healthy living through training at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in Manhattan.
More Recipes from VividLife.me bloggers:
With many people lacking health and its insurance we can remember ancient folk wisdom that served our ancestors! Hippocrates, the Father of Medicine, used apple cider vinegar as an internal cleansing agent. Before refrigerators, vinegar was used as a food preservative. The word vinegar is from the French, vin aigre or “sour wine.” Apple cider vinegar prepared by the fermentation of apple cider and allowed to mature naturally in wooden barrels. During fermentation, sugar present in apple cider, is broken down by..
Looking to get all the flavor and satisfaction from your favorite pasta but looking to cut out the calories and starch? Eat all the pasta you want with this raw zucchini pasta! It’s easy, colorful, full of flavor and best of all, mega healthy! Leave the guilt behind and indulge in this yummalicious new way to make an Italian fave!