The seven main chakras, their life lessons, and colours are as follows:
1) Sex Centre (encompassing the whole pelvic area), Colour is Red, Life Lessons: Survival instinct, Procreation, Animalistic tendencies, Sexuality and orgasmic ecstasy.
2) Lower Belly: Colour is Orange, Life Lessons: Birth, death and learning fluidity in all the emotions which arise between these two polarities.
3) Solar Plexus, Colour is Yellow, Life Lessons: Becoming vast enough to contain the contradictions posed by life, which automatically gives rise to genius. Where two contradictions meet is the ultimate truth. In the third chakra, we are also challenged to throw off conditioned belief given by others and to discover our individual soul calling.
4) Centre of Chest (Heart Chakra) Colour is Green or Rose, Life Lessons: Love, Nurturing and Compassion, opening into oneness with the universal heart.
5) Throat, Colour isTurquoise, Life Lessons: Becoming a Co-creator with God, expression of your soul calling through creativity, learning to speak from a place of truth.
6) Forehead (between the eyebrows), Colour isBlue, Life Lessons: Expanding intuition, clairvoyant vision, surrendering of the ego to the wisdom of the soul.
Crown of the Head: Colour is Violet, merging into white light, Life Lessons: Moving into cosmic consciousness, beyond duality, becoming one with all that is, orgasm with the universe.
It is important to open the full spectrum of who we are, including our sexuality and emotions, otherwise we are bound to get into stagnation, and cannot realize our full potential. When the chakra system is open, the subtle energy channel which runs through the body from crown to sex centre and down to the feet becomes fully receptive to the descent of grace. In this way, each moment of life becomes a blessing.
Opening ourselves to learn the lessons posed by each chakra through the practice of Tantric Methods, we become vibrantly alive and wise. When we are living the potency of all chakras simultaneously, we are in deepest fulfilment. This quality then spreads like a perfume, inspiring others to awaken their potential. Perhaps this is why there are so many refined aspects of the scent of Roses. The rose, having awakened its potential, releases its scent, thereby inspiring other roses to develop even more exquisite perfume. The perfume of a fully activated Chakra system inspires an evolution of consciousness.
It is common to hear people wishing they had more of something in their life; whether it is money, love, or creative ability. In actual fact, grace is showering on us continuously, but because we may have one or more chakras in stagnation we are not able to anchor grace all the way through us. As the descent of grace pours down and finds the channel is not receptive, it gets sent back to source. This is why there is a sense of lack. By working with and opening up the chakra system we are in a sense cleaning our pipeline to source and opening up to abundance on all levels.
NEXT WEEK Article number 11
TANTRA: How To Express Emotions in a Conscious Way