There are many ways you can get involved with Peace Day. Click the link to download this page as a PDF of what you can do or read more below.
With and inside a collaboration to raise awareness of The International Day of Peace and
Planting Seeds & The Kind Foundation: Peace in Our Lifetime Initiative
invite you to join in a celebration:
A DAY OF GRATITUDE AND THANKS
to focus on all the good being created by people all across the globe.
On Peace Day 21st September
For all people actively creating PEACE everyday
For Nature, Humanity and the Environment
We are creating a place where humanity can shine.
On this International Day of Peace there is a ceasefire. We are raising awareness and celebrating the day when we as humanity lay down our weapons by conscious choice.
All organizations can stand as one this day in gratitude and thanks. This will shift people’s attention to the difference we’re all making, thus reigniting the spirit of contribution. People will have no doubt about the difference that funding and donations have accomplished. This will restore faith in the good work being done. With the knowledge it works, people will contribute more time and money because they can actually see measurable results
Charities, NGO’s, Social Enterprises, Businesses & Community Services can thank those who contribute:
• The generous contributors who fund the work
• Those on the ground making it happen who work day in and day out, who never get acknowledged and thanked. Sometimes in terribly difficult circumstances. Let us let them be known, and express our gratitude for their efforts.
How to thank them?
• Directly by newsletters, emails, blogs or through the media, highlighting the Good News about their achievements this year. In this way, the outcomes will be acknowledged and we will bring our attention to the peace that has, and is being created, not just on one day but every day.
• The Celebrities or people of note can create gratitude videos sharing the good news and thanking the people on the ground who create the peace. They can now be the voice thanking everyone, instead of asking for more. They can post them on our site or their own website and blog. Not forgetting they can tweet using #gratitude or #thanks tags as well as offering the free Peace Certificate.
Individuals, Friends and Families will be able to thank people who they care about in their lives and communities -This day is for everyone to be recognized and acknowledged.
• Those who have helped them at home, at work or at school and those who care for them
• The millions of people who are full time carers – this is their day
• Those who provided a service or contribution :
• Our Nurses, Doctors, Firemen, Teachers, Policemen, Lifeguards
• Our Community Services, Social Workers and Volunteer Networks
• Helplines and Social Networks,
• Our national services and those who serve within them
• The people who recycle, spend time working for nature and conservation
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO FIND OUT HOW YOU AN GET INVOLVED. CLICK HERE > http://www.peaceinourlifetime.org/get_involved