The benefits from the practice of this posture are many. Trikonasana or Triangle pose provides a great ‘long stretch’ to many of the muscles of the body, stimulates circulation to the spine and improves reflex nerve activity, benefiting the cranial nerves associated with the sensory organs of the head, especially the eyes. Some other benefits include:
- Aiding in the flexibility of the spine.
- Developing the muscles along the spine, strengthening the abdominal region and neck, removing backaches and neck pain.
- Removing stiffness in the legs and hips, re-balancing and re-aligning the hips and pelvic area.
- Improved breath capacity and lung health
- Stimulating the abdominal organs, thereby helping to relieve constipation and indigestion, restoring the digestive fire and stimulating the appetite.
- Helping to dispel fat from the waist and thighs.
How crazy is it that one posture can have all these benefits on your body? Follow Angela now to feel fab and experience a Terrific Triangle.
Angela teaches Intro to Yoga, Beginner and Flow Yoga as well as the Inspiring Spirit 200 Hour Teacher Training Techniques and Asana module at Balanced Life Yoga in Ajax, Ontario, Canada. She loves helping people come to an awareness of the energy and empowerment they can find in yoga – especially seeing the way people feel at the end of a practice – like a little weight has been lifted from their shoulders.