The kids will soon be home from school and now it is time to find something for them to do. This may seem like a lengthy and cumbersome process, but it doesn’t have to be. Why not use it as an opportunity to share your appreciation with nature and green living with your children?
- Take Them Outdoors: spend more time at nature-friendly destinations, like state parks and beaches.
- Do Crafts with Reusable Household Items: sustainability is a kid-friendly concept so teach them about recycling by using disposable materials to create something beautiful and new.
- Show Them Life in Action: the more kids see, touch, and experience, the more they respect life in all its forms. Create projects around the house to make nature part of your daily living: bird houses, bird feeders, lady bug houses.
- Tune Into Green TV: on those rainy days when the kids can’t get outside, tune the TV to “Animal Planet” or “Discovery Planet” and allow your kids to soak up the eco awareness.
- Pick up a copy of GreenMyParents and join the Youth movement to seed the green economy & save the Planet.
- Celebrate Nature with a Summer Party: incorporate green activities into your summer parties and season ending party by acknowledge all the great activities and things your children have learned.
Personal sustainability can touch every area of your life and usually encourages others to become involved. What better way to raise the eco awareness in your household than to engage your children in the process. By incorporating the sustainability concepts that bring you joy into your summer planning, you will create fun activities for everyone.