Tibetan prayer flags contain the prayers of those who write on them and when hung in the wind, will carry those prayers to God/Universe and bring those back to you.
1. Fabric is so easy to find at Estate Sales, Garage Sales, Fabric stores (remnants, clearance) and even from your own closet! Any color can be a potential Prayer Flag. A lot of Prayer Flags come in all kinds of colors (see the picture below).
2. (Printed Flags) Its best to use a some-what permanent paint, such as the craft store paint or Acrylic Paint. This way the paint won’t run when the rain comes.
3. (Printed Flags) You can make your own print patterns with recycled cardboard and foam paper (or even recyled foam paper plates). Simply cut a small square or rectangle out of the cardboard, and cut lots of little shapes out of the foam material. Then glue the shapes onto the cardboard for the pattern.
4. (Crayon Flags) You can create gift tags or notes with the newspaper used to iron your crayon flags. Once you have used the newspaper and iron to iron out your pattern, cut shapes out of the newspaper that also has the crayons melted to it. Then glue a colored piece of paper on top and write your message!
5. (Crayon Flags) As the video depicts, your towel will be stained by the crayon wax. Use materials that you don’t mind putting a fun pattern on. You can also re-decorate an old shirt or jeans by letting your pattern bleed through to the clothes underneath. You might even consider getting some old cotton-type handbags and giving them a new look!
If you have questions, feel free to post them in the comments and we’ll be sure to address them! Thanks again for watching!