There is a battle going on inside of us each day. Everyone on some level is struggling to claim victory over the internal voices that tell us we are not worthy, we are not good enough, we are settling for less and these messages go on and on. Sometimes this war can be overwhelming and for some the internal voice wins. It wins because we allow it to. Even the best of us falls victim to the power of internal messages but there is a more powerful voice that we must learn to tap into.
Here’s the difference. The voice of self-doubt lives in your mind whereas the voice of personal power lives in your soul, your spirit. It is critical that you identify these adversarial voices and align your primary thoughts, feelings and actions with the voice of personal power. Self-doubt will sabotage your relationships, keep you from reaching your goals and force you to procrastinate on creating the life you desire.
The voice of personal power tells you that you can, you will and you are. It’s time to claim victory over self-doubt and now is the moment to do so. Here are a few simple strategies to win the battle of self-doubt. Take your power off of pause and press play!
- Identify the daily negative messages that play inside your head. Pick the primary messages and write each one down on a separate sheet of paper.
- For each message determine the source from which they come. (i.e. why do I think this way, who has told me this before and what happened that causes me to think this way?)
- For each message determine whether it is based on your deep beliefs about yourself or whether someone else has caused you to believe it. If it is not your original thought, disregard it because it doesn’t matter what other people think.
- Spend most of your attention on the messages that you believe to be true. Re-write your messages to turn them into a positive message. For example, if you have a deep belief that you are not worthy, change that thought to I am worthy.
- Each time a negative message enters your thoughts, reverse it and turn it into a positive thought. Repeat it daily as many times as it takes for you to truly believe it.
- Since personal power comes from your soul you must work every day to nourish and strengthen your spirit. It is essential that you keep this place sacred and alive. Discover what makes your soul feel good and do more of it. (i.e. reading, music, nature, giving back to others etc.)
Claiming victory over self-doubt can be a challenge but you can win if you choose. Spend your days thinking about the positive things in your life, your accomplishments and specifically envision how you want your life to be. The more you think about what you want versus what you have you will begin to turn those wants or dreams into a reality. You must go beyond thinking and move quickly into action. Do something every day to create the life you want. Everything you need to be happy and successful you already have within you. Find the courage within to step into your greatness and fearlessly live the life you want to live.
Catrice M. Jackson, Empowerment Speaker and Courage Coach™
For more information on how to be more courageous and release the champion within visit www.catriceology.com