Maybe getting “stoned” is the answer to having optimum health. Did you know that crystals and gem stones have healing properties? Ancient physicians or should I say “meta-physicians” knew and respected the healing energy that was held within crystals and other natural stones. Over the centuries, Ancient Egyptian medical practitioners, Native American Indians,South American Shamans,Oriental Healers and other cultures have worked with the energy vibrations given off by healing crystals and stones. Today’s holistic health practitioners realize the benefits that certain stones have on easing physical, mental and spiritual discomfort and the use of these “healing gems” are beginning to go main stream..
Your body has a certain energy vibration and each organ of the body also has its own distinct vibe. The chakras or energy zones on the body respond to the energy that we come in contact with through our physical environment, emotions and mental thoughts. The energy medicine from crystals and stones restores, fine tunes and helps us resonate to the proper vibrations needed for good health. We can stay better connected to the Divine beat of the Universe if we stay tuned into the frequencies of higher consciousness along with avoiding negative feelings, unhealthy diets and toxic environments all of which cause dis-ease. When we take an energy hit from a stressful situation or some other negative facilitator of low voltage our subtle energy body takes on the first blow. If we fail to correct any misfires on an energy level then the results usually are mirrored as physical discomfort. You know what the say, “As above so below”, according to Hermes, the great messenger of the gods.
We are evolving and ascending as a species and recent discoveries into our so called “junk DNA’ shows that we are becoming more crystal based and less carbon based. We are becoming lighter as a result of our evolution into a more advanced species of man. Think of it this way-we are now fully equipped, cosmically down loading the latest new energy applications and as a result our medicine needs to be more about or should I say “go back” to being more about energy medicine.
The use of crystals and gemstones are no longer just reserved for jewelry and decoration but are now becoming more popular when it comes to healing. Health practitioners who once dared to give credence to the healing properties of crystals risked being called part of the “lunatic fringe” but now these health care professional are the most sought after especially by people who are tired of being poisoned by medications that produce results but unfortunately may also bring about negative side effects. Our traditional medicine that relies on pharmaceutical synthetic drugs has to evolve along with us and take into account that integrated healing modalities are the way to go. Holistics are making a big come back as more and more people in the health care profession recognize the profound, amazing benefits that a kinder, gentler and more natural approach to health has on the patient. Energy medicine combined with some savvy new breakthroughs in medical technology proves to be a very successful combination in treating our whole being consisting of body,mind and spirit.
I am not suggesting that you empty out your medicine cabinet or cease taking prescription drugs but I am recommending that you consider the healing properties of stones and crystals as an enhancement to your health care regime. Some crystals and stones even help you avoid the impact of stress related dis-ease by acting as a barrier toward illness. Hematite is an anti-stress stone and is known to reflect back negative energies before they get to you and Clear Quartz is great for fortifying and protecting your health. Clear Quartz also energizes other crystals and is also know to deflect radiation from going to your body. The next time you’re feeling a little rattled just grab on to a hunk of Lithium Quartz for an immediate calming effect and should you find that your clothes have been feeling a little snug assistance is on the way by wearing a nice piece of Green Tourmaline which is good for weight control.
Below are listed some of the most popular healing stones and crystals and how they can help you. You can combine some of these crystals to achieve desired healing results but as with any energy sensitive substance you should also keep in mind that some stones may not be good for you because they may be of the wrong vibration. It is always best to check with a seasoned, experienced, knowledgeable professional before starting any new health regime. Crystals and stones are very energy sensitive to the environment and pick up the vibrations from the people who handle them as well as from the general atmosphere. All stones need to be charged, cleansed and kept away from frequencies produced by other stones because that may compromise their healing abilities. There are many books on the market as well as Internet sites that will give you the full scope on the care and use of healing stones and crystals.
Who knows? Maybe you will be able to find a health practitioner who has a lot of stones and is open enough to blend traditional medicine with energy medicine when it comes to treating whatever ails you from your subtle body to your physical body. Instead of taking two aspirin and calling your doctor in the morning we may be told to hold two quartz crystals over our solar plexus and telepathically connect into the Divine healing frequency of the Universe. You might very well say that the medicine for the New Age of Ascension really ROCKS.
- Amethyst has long been called the “sobriety stone. It is said to assist with healing alcoholism and addictions of all kinds. It helps with headaches, insomnia, arthritis, pain relief, circulatory system issues, endocrine system problems, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, immune system deficiencies, and general healing. Amethyst is effective when placed near the brow and the crown chakras.
- Green Aventurine is said to benefit one in all areas of mental clarity. Physically it is beneficial for blood, circulatory system, headaches, general health, and sleep disorders. Aventurine is associated with the heart chakra.
- Aquamarine is the stone of courage. It has very tranquilizing properties. It will quiets the mind and reduce stress. This stone also helps to relieve water retention. Place it on the throat chakra to heal a sore throat.
- Black Tourmaline is excellent for grounding excess energy. It is often used as an aura cleanser. Black tourmaline has also been used to deflect radiation energy from TVs and computer monitors. It is great for dispelling fears, obsessions, and neuroses. It is good for strengthening the immune system. Black tourmaline helps with heart disease, arthritis, and gout. This stone relates to the root chakra.
- Bloodstone helps one to accept change and overcome anxiety, depression and melancholy. This stone helps cure psychosomatic illness (one with more emotional roots than physical), purifies blood, detoxifies organs especially the liver, kidneys, bladder and spleen. Bloodstone connects the heart chakra energy with the energies of the root chakra.
- Carnelian has protection energies. It can aid memory for Alzheimer sufferers. Carnelian has been used to heal open sores, rejuvenate tissues and cells, rheumatism, kidney stones and other kidney problems. It also helps heal gall stones, colds, pollen allergies, and neuralgia. Carnelian is associated with the root and sacral chakras.
- Citrine is known to enhance mental clarity, confidence and will power. Citrine is purported to alleviate depression and self-doubt, and diminish irrational mood swings. It is said to aid the digestion and eliminate nightmares that disturb sleep. It is associated with the solar plexus chakra.
- Clear Quartz is a power stone that harmonizes and balances. It enhances energy and thoughts, and purifies the spiritual, mental, and physical. It is used to perform diagnostic healing, and will unblock specific areas or organs blocked from transmitting or receiving the flow of energy throughout the body. Clear quartz, is associated with the crown chakra, but also works well on all chakras. Clear Quartz is considered to be the only crystal that can clear other crystals. Place your other crystals on top of the Clear Quartz and this will cleanse them of any negativity.
- Emerald is the most recommended stone for breathing issues, heart health, swollen lymph nodes, blood problems, the thymus, the pancreas ( for blood sugar rebalance), labor, delivery and even eyesight Excellent for general healing and it has been considered a blood detoxified and anti-poison stone since ancient times. It helps to strengthen the backbone and alleviates problems associated with sugar diabetes. The Emerald is most effective on the heart chakra
- Garnet regenerates the body and stimulates the metabolism. It treats disorders of the spine and spinal fluid, bone, cellular structure and composition. Purifies the heart, lungs, blood and regenerates DNA. Garnet boosts the immune system and energy levels.Red Garnet is related to the Root Chakra and the Heart Chakra.
- Lapis Lazuli enhances the interconnectedness of the higher bodies with the physical body. The primary effect of Lapis is upon the throat and aids the speech center in giving the ability to communicate freely. Lapis stimulates the thyroid and harmonizes its functions along with assisting the kidneys, helping with elimination of toxins and reducing high blood pressure. Lapis Lazuli has a profound effect on female hormonal balance. It usually increases the menstrual cycle by two days, and for those that are menopausal, a sequence of changes is induced that may result in the return of a regular menstrual cycle. Lapis has proven itself as a tool for weight loss, particularly reducing the fat levels in one’s tissue. It is said to help one overcome depression. Lapis Lazuli should be worn close to the throat chakra or at least above the diaphragm.
- Lepidolite is a stone with extremely high vibrations. It works on the brain’s pain centers helping to alleviate drug addiction and bipolar disorder and also helps to stabilizes mood swings Lepidolite is good for menopause, stress, depression, despondency, obsessive thinking and confusion. Placed under your pillow, or by the side of your bed to help overcome insomnia. Placed directly on the body Lepidolite is said to ease joint problems, to numb sciatica, to relieve allergies and to strengthen the immune system. Lepidolite activates the Throat, Heart, Brow and Crown Chakras bringing cosmic awareness and aiding deep meditation by clearing unwanted debris from the mind.
- Lithium Quartz is a super high energy healing and balancing stone. It sends and receives energy as well as storing it. Lithium quartz is balancing and calming, and is used in crystal healing as a natural anti-depressant. It is said to relieve stress, anxiety, and tension, bringing relaxation and peace.Physically, lithium quartz is used in crystal healing for stress related disorders, depression, bipolar disorder, muscular tension, repetitive motion injuries. Lithium quartz is related to activating and balancing all chakras
- Peridot brings the energies from in the aura to the physical body. Helps in understanding the changes in one’s life and provides a protective shield around the body. It is used in treating emotional states such as anger or jealousy. Inspires healing, renewal, purification, rebirth and growth. Peridot, as well as being recommended as a cure for insomnia, is said to aid the digestion, placate the nervous system, reduce temperature, improve bruised eye, and alleviate anger, jealousy and irritation. It is associated with stress reduction, relaxation, health vigor, recuperative abilities, comfort and intuition. Especially good for healing the healers. Can be used to cleanse and stimulate the Heart and Solar Plexus chakras.
- Rhodonite decreases anxiety while increasing attention to detail. It is also a calming stone. It has been known to help with emphysema, joint inflammation, light sensitivity, strep throat and heart disorders. It is one of the best stones to ease anxieties and phobias and also helps with cardiac deficiencies in the early stages. It tones up the respiratory track and lungs and also helps with speech and hearing disorders. This stone is good for chronic fatigue, multiple sclerosis and is beneficial for growth of the bones. Rhodonite works with the heart chakra by soothing and also helps ground out the root chakra.
- Rose Quartz has excellent protection energies during pregnancy and childbirth. This stone is good for the heart and circulatory system and helps the cleansing organs. The elevated energy of quartz gives rose quartz a property of enhancing love in virtually any situation along with being excellent for promoting fertility. It is also said to be helpful with weight loss. Rose quartz is associated with the heart chakra.
- Sodalite is a stone of logic, rationality, and efficiency. It is helpful for work in groups and stimulates thought. Sodalite is beneficial for the glands, digestive system, relieving insomnia, and decreasing calcium deficiency. It can also be useful for quicker healing of head colds. Sodalite is associated with the throat and brow chakras. This is a cooling stone and is good for burns. This stone will also aid sinus inflammation, high blood pressure and balance the metabolism. Sodalite is great for combating the effects of natural and artificial radiation and is recommended for those who work around X-ray equipment. This stone relates to the throat and brow chakra.
- Tourmaline comes in different colors and hues. It protects the wearer against misfortune and anemia. and also said to prevent lymphatic disease. Tourmaline grounds out high-frequency energies. Black or Green Tourmaline strengthens nervous system, regulates blood pressure. The Green Tourmaline is suppose to be great for weight loss. Blue Tourmaline cures all throat problems, thyroid and speech impediments. Watermelon/Pink Tourmaline is a heart balancer. Works well with the heart chakra
- Turquoise is a very sacred stone used for centuries by the Native Americans in all healing work. In healing this stone connects the spiritual bodies with the other levels: the physical, emotional, and intellectual. It is said that turquoise will grow pale on a sickly person and recover its color when returned to a healthy person. Overlaps the heart and throat energy centers and connects the three upper and three lower chakras. Beneficial for the entire body, especially the respiratory and immune systems It is good for laryngitis and nervousness in speech Can strengthen entire anatomy and helps improve all diseases. Color varies from Blue to Green.
The above list names only a very few of the many energy healing stones that are known to us. Aside from healing properties crystals and stones are know for being able to transmute energy to assist us in the physical world. There are stones that vibrate to the manifestation energy for prosperity, success, love, concentration, writing ability, creativity, access to the psychic realms and astral travel. You may even find that you are somehow mysteriously attracted to a certain stone only to find out that it is exactly what energy stone you needed to help assist you with a current problem or situation.
P.S. My friends at Sequin Jewelry in NYC always keep me “ROCKIN’.”